- So how did you do?…Were you able to discover new and useful…options in the property sheet?…Since this was a creative challenge,…there's obviously no right or wrong answers.…The important lesson is just to dive in and experiment.…So let's first start by taking a look…at our Products table here.…I can see all of the different products that we offer.…We have lots of details about each product,…including its power output and its footprint or its size.…So my idea is to create a form that simplifies…the information down to just the basic specifications…that our customers might inquire about,…something like a quick product reference guide.…
So let's go ahead and start building.…Let's go ahead and close this down,…and I'm gonna go to the Create tab,…and we'll start in Form Design view.…I'm gonna switch over to Add Existing Fields,…and in the Show tables, we'll open up our Products table,…and also are adding in a few things.…We'll take the product Category,…the Name, its Power output,…it's Footprint,…and maybe the SuggestedRetail price.…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.