Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Creating reports, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- I hope you are able to bring some organization…to the daily check-in data.…Let's take a look at how I would approach the solution.…First, I'd want to take a look at the data source so…I'm going to find the Query here called, DailyCheckIns…and double-click on it.…Looking on the bottom, I see we have 14 records…so I'll just put that number in my head for now.…I can also see that the check-in dates are…today's date, which is August 15th.…I've got some information for tomorrow, August 16th…and yesterday, August 14th.…If I switch into Design View,…we'll see how that's accomplished.…We have a criteria down here and it's just…calculating today's date or tomorrow's date…with a +1 or yesterday's date with a -1.…
Now, if you're running this in 2017 or on,…then this Query isn't going to return any results…because we don't have any check-in details…for 2017 and beyond.…So, in order for this to work for you,…you'd probably just want to get rid of…this formula line here in the Criteria…and either just leave it blank or maybe…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.