Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Creating queries, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- Creating queries to answer very specific questions…about the data, is one of the tasks…that you'll want to perform regularly.…And getting used to the way queries operate…will be an essential skill in working with Access.…I hope you were able to determine…which room name had the most guests.…Here's how I would approach this solution.…First, I would like to review the information…that's in our database, and the easiest way to do that…is in the Relationships screen here.…The first thing that I know I'm going to need…is the room name which comes out of this Room table here.…I also need to find out how many…RoomAssignments were from that room name,…so we can link that back to the RoomAssignments table…where we can get the individual information…about each of our guest check-in.…
Once I know the check-in, we also can get the RateCode here.…The RateCode is being calculated…based off of the day of the week,…whether it's a weekday or a weekend.…And then the room type that they're checking into,…and that'll go into the RateCode…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.