- So, were you able to create your navigation system?…Here's how I would approach the challenge.…First, I'm gonna open up the Main Menu,…and what we want to do…is add a button here…that'll link me to my Product Listing Form,…and then I want a button on the Project Listing…that'll return me to the Main Menu.…So let's go ahead and start…by switching our Main Menu into Design View,…and we'll grab a Button Control and drop it down.…So what I want to do is Form Operations,…Open a Form.…We're gonna open up the Product Listing Form…here on the bottom.…Show all the records and say Next,…and this is how I want my button styled,…so I can either type in the text that I want.…
I'm actually gonna leave the icon here…for just a moment so that way I don't forget…what icon I want,…this MS Access Form icon,…and I'll go ahead and add the label here…in just a moment.…So, we'll say Next.…And we'll leave the default name.…Okay, so there's my button.…Let's go ahead and style it.…Go to the Format,…Picture Caption.…I'm gonna change that over here…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.