Join Jennifer McBee for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Create a report, part of Cert Prep: Access 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-424).
- [Voiceover] Hi, welcome to the Solution video…for the challenge in Chapter 6.…For this challenge, we use the 06_04 Challenge file.…And I challenged you to complete all of the tasks…in 12 minutes or less.…I have the file open,…so let's go ahead and get started.…Task number 1.…Save the file as "My 06_04 Challenge".…I'll go to my File tab, choose Save As.…Make sure I'm in the Chapter 6 folder,…put the word My in front of the document title.…
Make sure and remove the 1 at the end of the title.…And go ahead and click Save.…Perfect, task number 1 is done.…Number 2.…Create a Report from the Customers table.…Include these fields, group...…Looks like the easiest thing to do…is gonna be to use the wizard.…Let's go to Create.…In the Reports Group, I'll click on Report Wizard.…The table we're going to be using is the Customers table,…so I'll change that right here.…
Now I can go ahead and select my fields.…Customer ID.…I'm just double clicking on them…to add them over to the Selected Fields side.…Company Name, State, and Zip.…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Identify the location of the search field in a table.
- Recall how to update identical information across multiple records.
- Explain how to create a report that pulls information from two tables.
- Explain the difference between a split form and a subform.
- Identify two methods used to create a calculated field in a query.
- Summarize how to display information in a particular order when creating a report.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.