The author shows how to solve the practice challenge.
- [Instructor] Hi and welcome to…the Chapter Five Challenge Solution Video.…For this challenge we use the 05_08_Challenge exercise file…and I challenged you to complete…all the tasks in eight minutes or less.…Let's go ahead and get started.…Task number one.…Save the database as my 05_08_Challenge.…File, Save Database As,…click in front of the document title,…type My space, get rid of the one at the end,…and click Save, and that's done.…
Number two, create a new Query based on the Customers Table.…Include all fields.…Filter the Query to show only Customers…in the Southern Region.…And we have a hint, CustomerID equals S*.…Save the Query as Customers-South.…Run and Close the Query.…Let's go ahead and do that.…Now if I quickly want to create a Query,…I'll go to Create, Query Design,…add the Customers Table and close the Show Table Window.…We can click on CustomerID, Shift, and click on Zip.…
Click and drag those down into the Query grid.…Now we want to have Access find any Customer ID…that begins with the letter S.…So we're going to type, in the Criteria row, the word Like.…
- Creating a new Access database
- Applying application parts
- Backing up a database
- Creating new tables and fields
- Sorting and filtering records
- Setting primary keys
- Importing data
- Creating basic forms
- Creating Access queries, including crosstab and multitable queries
- Creating Access reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 18s
2. Managing the Access Environment
3. Building Tables
4. Create Forms
5. Create and Manage Queries
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.