Join Jennifer McBee for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Create queries, part of Cert Prep: Access 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-424).
- [Voiceover] Hi, welcome to the chapter four…solution video.…Let's go ahead and get started.…We'll begin by opening the 04_06 challenge file.…Task number one, create a query…that displays customer information…from the customers table,…save the query as customer information,…and then sort the data by state.…I'm gonna select the customers table,…go to my create tab,…go into query wizard.…Select simple query.…
Make sure the customers table is selected,…click the double arrows to accept…all of the fields over to the selected fields window,…click on next, click on next.…This is where I need to name the query…customer information.…And click finish.…I'll go into design view,…go over to the state field,…and use my sort row to go ahead…and sort the information in ascending order.…
I'll run the query.…And that looks good,…looks like that sort function worked fine.…I'll go back to my instructions.…I can go ahead and mark task number one done.…Let's move onto task number two.…Filter the customer information query…to show only customers from Oklahoma.…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.