The author shows how to solve the practice Challenge.
- [Female Narrator] Welcome to the Chapter 2 challenge…Solution video.…For this challenge, we used the 02_06 exercise file,…and I challenged you to complete all of the tasks…in five minutes or less.…Let's go ahead and get started.…I have Access open, but I haven't yet…opened the challenge file.…I'll go to File, Open.…In the Chapter 2 folder I'll double click on the…02_06 Challenge exercise.…Now, you'll notice, on all of the challenge files,…that the instructions form will open…each time you open the database.…
If it accidentally is closed at some point,…you can always open the instructions form back up…just by double clicking on it in the Navigation Pane.…All right, task number one, "Save the database file…"as My 02_06 Challenge".…File.…Save As.…Go ahead and type My and a space.…Want to remove the one from the end of the file name,…because I was instructed specifically to call it…My 02_06 Challenge file.…
On the exam, make sure that you name things…exactly the way you're asked to.…They will take points off if you misspell something…
- Creating a new Access database
- Applying application parts
- Backing up a database
- Creating new tables and fields
- Sorting and filtering records
- Setting primary keys
- Importing data
- Creating basic forms
- Creating Access queries, including crosstab and multitable queries
- Creating Access reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 18s
2. Managing the Access Environment
3. Building Tables
4. Create Forms
5. Create and Manage Queries
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.