Join Jennifer McBee for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Create a database, part of Cert Prep: Access 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-424).
- [Voiceover] Hi, welcome to the solution video…for the Chapter 2 challenge.…We were using the 02_07 Challenge file for this challenge,…and you will recall that I challenged you…to complete all of the tasks in five minutes or less.…Let's go ahead and get started.…I'll go to my File tab in Access, and go to Open.…Click on Computer and then Desktop.…Exercise Files, Chapter 2,…02_07 Challenge.…Our first task is to save the 02_07 Challenge file…as "My 02_07 Challenge".…
I'll go to File, choose Save As,…click Save As again.…Put the word "My" in front of the title,…and I'm going to also remove the one…after the word "Challenge".…Click Save.…We can mark task number one as Done.…Let's move onto number two.…"Create a one to many relationship…between the Orders table and the Order Details table".…We're going to go to Database Tools,…click on Relationships, click on Show Table,…double click on Orders,…double click on Order Details.…
We can go ahead and close the Show Table window.…Notice how Access went ahead…and created that relationship for us…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.