The author shows how to solve the practice challenge.
- [Instructor] Hi, welcome to the Chapter 3…Challenge Solution video.…For this challenge, we use the…03_08 Challenge Exercise File.…And I challenged you to complete all the tasks…in eight minutes or less.…Let's go ahead and get started.…Okay, our first task is to save the file…as my 03_08 Challenge.…File, Save Database As, My, Space,…and then get rid of the one at the end always,…and Save.…
Let's mark that one as Done.…Second task, create a new table named New Products.…We're going to add the following fields, Product ID,…Product Name, et cetera.…Let's go ahead and create our new table.…I'll go to Create, Table, and let's go into Design View.…It's going to force us to go ahead and Save it now…as New Products.…Okay.…Now it's created an ID field for us,…and assigned the primary key.…We don't know yet, what our primary key is going to be,…so we're going to go ahead and remove that right now.…
Our instructions are product ID is a number field.…We'll type in ProductID.…And if I hit the N on my keyboard,…it will put that data type in quickly for me.…
- Creating a new Access database
- Applying application parts
- Backing up a database
- Creating new tables and fields
- Sorting and filtering records
- Setting primary keys
- Importing data
- Creating basic forms
- Creating Access queries, including crosstab and multitable queries
- Creating Access reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 18s
2. Managing the Access Environment
3. Building Tables
4. Create Forms
5. Create and Manage Queries
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.