Join Jennifer McBee for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Build tables, part of Cert Prep: Access 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-424).
- [Voiceover] Welcome to my video Solution…for chapter three.…Let's go ahead and get started.…First, I'll open the 03_05 Challenge file.…All right, let's open up the instructions,…and see what we need to do.…Save the file as My 03_05 Challenge.…File, Save As, Save As.…Wanna make sure that I put it right back into my…Exercise file.…There we go, save.…Perfect.…Next, create a new table by importing the Shippers…excel worksheet, and create a link to the data source.…
I'll go to my External Data tab,…click on Excel,…I'm gonna navigate to the chapter three folder.…Here's my Shippers worksheet,…now it says to make a link,…so I'll click the third radial button,…and click okay.…My first row does contain column headings, good.…Doesn't tell me what to name it,…so I'm gonna leave it just as it is.…Make sure on the Mos Exam,…that you don't do more to a file than…you're asked to do.…
It's very tempting to name this file,…but because I wasn't told to,…I'm gonna leave it just as it is,…and click finish.…Next, in the Customers table,…hide the ID column,…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Identify the location of the search field in a table.
- Recall how to update identical information across multiple records.
- Explain how to create a report that pulls information from two tables.
- Explain the difference between a split form and a subform.
- Identify two methods used to create a calculated field in a query.
- Summarize how to display information in a particular order when creating a report.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.