Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Software needed for this course, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- You will need some software for this course. You'll need both SharePoint Server and Microsoft Access and you'll need to have the 2013 version of Microsoft Access. So make sure you have that installed on the machine that you'll be using. Then you need to have SharePoint Server. Either SharePoint Server 2013 or SharePoint Online as part of Office 365. This can also be hosted SharePoint Server. That works fine. But it's important what SQL Server is sitting behind SharePoint as a back end.
Although you can use SharePoint Server with older versions of SQL Server, like SQL 2008, you need to have SQL Server 2012. Now if you want to have very specific information about exactly what you need so that you can hand this off to somebody in your IT department and say, "Hey, is this what we have?" Then I would recommend that you go to the Microsoft Tech Net site. And here's a link for where you can get the information about exactly how you should configure your environment.
Having said that, if you have an Office 365 subscription, if you're using Office Online, SharePoint Online, you're all set up and won't have to do anything special. You can just jump in and start working in that particular environment. But, again, if you have SharePoint on premises and if you're concerned at all about what the requirements are, if you're asked what the specific requirements are, this is where you would find them.
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.