Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up labels and mail merge documents in Word, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- Using the data stored in your Access database…you can easily populate mail merge documents…in Word to create personalized letters…and other types of correspondence.…In order to start,…we need to gather the records…that we want to export out to Word.…So we could do that with a simple query.…I'll go ahead and start with the Create tab…and jump into a new query design environment.…I'm going to add in information from our Guests table…and our RoomAssignments here,…and close the Show Table window.…Now, I want to create a letter…that's tailored to guests of the hotel,…that have an upcoming visit scheduled.…I'm going to grab the FirstName and LastName…by double-clicking on them here in the Guests table,…and then over here on the RoomAssignments table,…I'll double-click on CheckinDate.…
Now I don't want everybody with a check-in date…on the RoomAssignments table,…I only want the ones that have…an upcoming visit.…So I'm going to come down here to the Criteria…and I'll just right-click it and say Zoom,…so I have some more room to write.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.