- Power users will appreciate the ability…to navigate your database with the keyboard.…By using the Tab key they can move from button to button…and between form fields.…But sometimes the ordering can get a bit off…as we arrange and then rearrange the layout of our forms.…We can fix this and ensure proper navigation via the Tab key…by paying attention to the tab stop order.…Let's open up the Add Customer form…that we have created in the last movie.…Now right now you can see my cursor…is in this CustomerID field.…If I press the Tab key on my keyboard…it jumps down to the first name field.…
Once again then it goes over here to the last name field,…but when I press it again it skips Email,…and jumps all the way down here to phone number.…If I continue pressing the Tab key,…it cycles through the Address fields,…then one more time from Zip Code,…it goes back up to Email,…and then it comes down to the Save and Close button,…and then finally to the Cancel button.…One more time loops me back around to the top…where it starts the sequence again.…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.