Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting startup options and custom icons, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- To give your database a polished appearance,…consider setting some of these startup options.…Let's take a look and see what's available…by going up to the File tab,…and then coming down to Options.…Then, I'm going to choose the Options…for the Current Database.…We can set things like the Application Title.…I'm going to click here and type in Landon Hotel.…We can specify an Application Icon, too…by pressing the Browse button here,…and inside of our Desktop folder,…on the Exercise Files, and Chapter 12,…I've got an icon file that we can use, this Landon_Icon.ico.…
Notice that we can use icon files…in the ICO or CUR type or we can use bitmap files as well.…Let's go ahead and press OK,…and that adds in the file path to our icon…that we want to use.…We can also specify a form that'll…open up automatically on the startup of our database.…Right now, it's set to none, but I can set mine…to one like the Navigation Form for instance.…We have several different options here…for controlling some of the parameters of our database.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.