- When you have a field that'll commonly contain…the same information record after record,…you can specify a default value…to appear when entering in the record.…A default value will allow you…to simply skip over that field while typing.…It'll allow you to automatically…input the most common information.…Of course, if you'd like to change it, you can.…The default value is simply a suggestion.…Let's go ahead and try adding one to our Guests table,…and I'll do that by going over here to the navigation pane,…right-clicking on the Guests table here,…and opening it straight into Design view.…Now, I want to add a default value to our country code here.…
Perhaps, I've analyzed our table, and I found out…that most of our guests come from the United States,…so I want to specify that as the default value for country.…In order to do that, I'm going to go down here…to the Field properties, and I'm going to find…the field called Default Value here.…I'll click here in the cell to the right of that,…and that'll activate the build button way…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.