Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the database options, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- Lets work with some database options…to make this look and feel a little bit…more like a software system.…You can go ahead and close my department list.…I wouldn't want to give people access…to my department list through the table…because then they could accidentally…change the design.…i can control them a little bit better…if I let them work with a form.…When they open the database I really…want all of this to be hidden and they…only see the form.…The way I do that is I go to my file menu…to Options.…
Now I would encourage you to spend a little…bit of time looking at all of the different options here.…But for class purposes lets go to a current database.…First of all i might want it to be my companies…department list or the name of my department…but for this example the application title,…what we see in the title bar will be…My Department Solution.…When people open up this database…I don't want them to open up and see what…I see as the designer.…I want them just to see my department list.…
Remember that's a form we created for data entry.…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.