Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting data sources, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- In order to create a Form from scratch,…the first thing we need to do…is connect it to a data source.…A Form can get its data either from a Table or a Query,…and if you choose a Query,…you can either use a pre-made Query…that's saved in your Navigation Pane,…or create an embedded Query directly inside of the Form.…Let's begin to create a Form that we will refine…over the next few movies.…So here's the scenario.…The Landon Hotel wants a Form that will allow them…to review the employee data of their executive team.…We can find that data here in the Employees Table,…so let's go ahead and create a Query…that's going to gather the records we want.…
I'll go up here to the Create tab…and we'll start a new Query in Design View.…We'll go ahead and add in our LandonEmployees Table…and close the Show Table window.…Then, I want to add all of the Fields…from this Table down into my Query grid.…Previously, we've seen the shortcut…that we could just double click on this "*" character.…Let me show you one other way.…If you click on the EmployeeID here…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.