- There are a few other Field Properties…available in the Table Design View that are worth exploring,…and I'd like to take a look at them…inside of our Guest Table,…so I'll go over here in the Navigation Pane,…and I'll right-click on it and choose Design View.…Now the very first field here is called the GuestID.…The Data Type is this AutoNumber field,…and if I take a look at the Field Properties…down here on the bottom,…you'll see that it's set to a Long Integer value.…The Long Integer will only store whole numbers,…so no decimals here.…It'll also include a range from about…negative two billion to positive two billion,…so we have plenty of space to grow in this field size.…
Also, if you take a look down below,…we have this New Values is set to Increment.…That's part of the AutoNumber Data Type…so that every Guest that we add into this table…will automatically get a new GuestID assigned to them.…If we go down a field here to the FirstName field,…you'll notice it's listed as Short Text.…We also have for Short Text a Field Size,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.