Group data by fields, sort data
- [Voiceover] Now you know how easy it is…to create reports in Access 2013.…In this video, we're going to learn…how we can group our data in our reports.…We'll learn how to sort the data,…manage labels, and also how we can change the data source.…The first three items have the MOS icon next to them,…and remember that means that these three items…will probably show up on the Access 2013 MOS exam.…Those are the three that we'll really focus on.…
Let's go ahead and get started.…I have the 06_02 exercise file open.…We have a couple of reports that…have already been created for us.…Let's go ahead and go into the order details report.…In this report, we see that in the order ID column,…we have a little redundancy, and this would be…a really good report to group information on.…If we were able to group on order ID,…we would just see the order ID number once…with all of the order information underneath that heading.…
Let's go into design view, and on our design tab,…we'll go ahead and click on group and sort.…What this does is it adds a group, sort, and total window…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.