Move form controls, add form controls, remove form controls, set form control properties
- [Instructor] I'm sensing that you're getting…pretty excited about using forms in your database.…We created some pretty cool forms in the previous video.…A navigation form and a split form.…We can enhance the utilization of forms…by adding form controls.…So what's a form control?…Well, let's talk about the three different types.…First, there's a bound control.…A bound control is actually linked back…to a field in your table.…When you enter information into that bound control…in your form the information flows right into your table.…
Next we have unbound controls.…These are fields on your form that aren't connected…or linked to any field in a table,…you just have the ability to enter information into them…and it just sits right on the form.…It's kind of tied to that record,…but the data doesn't flow back to the table.…Next we have calculated controls.…We use these controls to write expressions…that'll perform a calculation on a field,…such as calculating a 25% discount…by multiplying the value of the unit price field…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.