Captions and background pictures provide important information about your database objects. In this video, learn how to set the caption and background picture.
- [Instructor] The basic forms and reports "Access" creates…are just that, basic.…If you want to customize them, you can use two of the…"Me" object's properties to do so.…The "Caption" property controls the text…that appears on the form or report's title bar.…While the picture property contains reference to…the object's background picture.…In this movie, I will show you how to use…those two properties to control your form…or report's appearance.…I have opened the course database,…and I have opened also the product's report…in "Report View".…
To set the properties that I want using VBA,…I need to create an Event Handler…for when the report is loaded.…To do that, I need to view the report…in "Design View", So I right-click it's tab…and click "Design View".…Now I'll go down to the detail section…and right-click a blank spot,…and click "Build Event".…In the "Choose Builder" dialogue box,…I will click "Code Builder", and click OK.…
When I do, I get an event handler for when…the detail section is formatted…that's not actually what I want to use.…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.