- Queries and Access are where a lot of the magic…of the database comes to life, and truth be told,…they're one of my favorite components of any database,…but if you've never worked with them before,…then you might be wondering,…"Well, what exactly is a query?"…Simply put, queries are a very powerful way to ask questions…about your data.…You'll do this by pulling information out of…your existing data tables and combining that data…into new configurations on the fly.…Queries return answers in the form of a temporary datasheet,…but they don't take up any additional storage space…in the database because they only store the instruction…on how to reassemble your existing data…and don't store data of their own.…
And every time you run a query, it fetches the current state…of the data from the source tables,…so they're always up-to-date.…One of the best features of a query, though, is that…they look and function just like regular tables,…so you can connect them to forms and reports…in exactly the same way.…So far, we've looked at storing data into tables.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.