Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching and replacing values, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- No text editing environment would be complete…without an easy way to search through the text…and make replacements.…Access is no exception, and we can use the same…Find and Replace tools that you might be…familiar with from other Office programs.…Once again we're going to double click on the…Guests table here in the Navigation pane…to open it up, and I want to go ahead and…try and find a few things here in the data tables.…Now the first thing we can do…is use this Search box at the very bottom of the screen…here that's next to the Filter button.…If I click in the Search box and go ahead and type…in Columbia, you'll notice that it jumps straight…to the first person that has Columbia.edu…in their email address, which would be this…Norma Ray at Guest ID 151.…
Let's go ahead and double click on this field…edge right here to increase the width of…the Email field.…Now if I wanted to find somebody else,…I'll just click back down here into the Search…and press Enter.…You'll notice that it finds Norma Ray one more time,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.