Reviewing Core exam objectives, observing a sample exam question
- [Voiceover] Let's talk about the exam format…and the time allotment.…For the Microsoft Office Specialist exams,…the time allotment is 50 minutes.…You should be able to complete…the Access 2013 MOS exam in 40 minutes or less.…That will give you 10 minutes to go back and review…all the tasks that you completed…to make sure you did them correctly,…and then you can compare your document with the sample file…that you'll see at the end of the exam.…There will be 20 to 25 tasks on the exam.…
It is a project-based exam, which means…it doesn't matter how you complete the tasks,…just that, in the end, your finished document…looks comparable to the sample final document.…For most of the tasks, you'll have the opportunity…to work on a document in the database…that's already been created for you.…You may be asked to create a table by importing data…from a file, and then create a query, form or report…based on that new data.…It is a pass/fail exam.…To pass you must have a score of at least 700,…and it is 700 out of a possible 1,000 points.…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.