Database objects respond to underlying data and your operating system environment. In this video, learn how to requery and repaint forms.
- [Narrator] When you manage an Access database,…there's a lot going on behind the scenes.…Occasionally, you will find that a table…providing values to a form has changed,…and your form doesn't contain the most recent values.…You can also find that Access consistently fails…to redraw a form properly.…There are millions upon millions of Windows users…around the world and it's impossible for…the operating system programmers to get everything…working perfectly, all the time, on every machine.…If you happen to have created a form that doesn't…redraw properly, then I'll show you how to repaint it…so that it does look good.…
During this introduction, you might have noticed that…I said these techniques refer to forms and I left out…reports, well that's true.…Normally the me object can refer to either forms…or reports but what I'm showing you here refers…to forms only.…I have opened the course database and I'm currently…looking at the Customers form in form view…and I've also opened the Customers table.…We will work with both of them.…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.