Not all forms or reports need to be visible even while they are open. In this video, learn how to render a form or report visible or invisible.
- [Instructor] When a user enters data into a form,…you might open another form that could use that data.…For example you could enter a customer's ID,…and want to write it into another form's customer ID field.…Closing the previous form would make it difficult to find…the data, so you need to make the previous form…invisible rather than closing it.…In this movie I'll show you how to use the me object's…invisible property to make forms visible or invisible.…I should note that making a form invisible doesn't close it,…the data is still available for use.…
I'm working in the course database,…and I have the customer's form opened in form view.…I want to create an event handler that will make the form…invisible whenever it is loaded, so I will change…to design view by right-clicking the customer's forms tab,…and click design view.…Then in the detail section, I'll right-click…and click build event.…In the choose builder dialog box,…I'll click code builder, and okay.…Now I have an event handler for detail click…which is actually not what I want.…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.