Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Record navigation, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- Scrolling through the records on the form…using the navigation buttons on the bottom…is not really a great experience.…We can see this on our employee form…if we try and find a specific employee.…Let's go ahead and open up that form…by double clicking on it…and let's try and find Phyllis Lucero.…I can see the name is listed right here,…so if I go ahead and start navigating through my records,…I can check each one of these until I find her.…And there she is on number eight.…So it's a good thing she wasn't number 108,…or we'd be clicking for quite a while.…We can dramatically improve this functionality…by creating a combo box that will jump us…to the record that we want.…
In order to start the process,…we need to go into design view.…So I'll come up here on the home tab…and I'll change my view into design view there.…Then, I'm going to add in a new combo box into my form.…We can find the combo box in the controls section…of the design tab, and it's this object right here…with the little graphic of the downward pointing arrow…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.