Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Protecting the database with a password, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- It's common for an Access database to include sensitive…information that should only be accessible to people…with the proper credentials.…By establishing a password on your database file,…you can keep your data secure.…In order to password protect your database,…you're going to come up here to the File tab,…and on the Info section, we're going to press this button…here to encrypt with password.…When you do, you're going to get this message here,…that says, "You must have the database open for exclusive…"use to set or remove the database password."…Let's go ahead and press OK to this and I'll show you…how to open up the database exclusively.…
I'll go up to the File tab, and first, we need to close…the existing database, so I'll press the Close button here.…This is going to leave Access open, which is…the important part.…Then, we'll go up to the File tab, and we'll say open here.…Then, we're going to find our file, but we can't…unfortunately use the Recent folder over here.…I need to press the Browse button here.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.