Learn how to set specific options for just the database in which you are working, vs. setting options universally for all databases. Author Jen McBee will review the available Options and discuss which ones you may encounter on the Access 2013 MOS exam, s
- [Voiceover] You worked very hard to create your database…with all the tables, forms, reports, and queries.…You wanna make sure that the data…in your database remains safe…and that no one who is unauthorized can access the data.…In this video we're going to talk about compacting your data…in your database,…and we'll talk about why you might need to do that.…There may be times when your database…becomes corrupt or unusable.…
I'll show you how you can repair it,…'cause that can be a very scary thing…to get a message that your database is corrupt,…but there's a really easy way to fix it.…I'll also show you how you can backup your database.…Something that you should do daily, weekly,…or any time you enter a large amount of data,…or make significant changes to the database.…Lastly, I'll show you how you can encrypt…your database with a password,…so that only authorized people have access to the database…and all the information.…
Notice that all four of these items…have the MOS icon next to them,…so you can expect to see one,…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.