Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Printing reports, part of Access 2013: Forms and Reports.
- We've seen the Print Preview screen…many times throughout this course,…but we've never really stopped to take a look at the ribbon.…Let's go over here in our navigation pane…and go down to the Reports section…and double-click on the Customer Lifetime Sales report.…Now we could go up here to the View menu…in the drop-down list and choose Print Preview.…Notice that when I switch into Print Preview mode,…all the ribbon tabs up here across the top disappear…and we're left with just the single tab.…In order to get out of Print Preview,…we'll press the Close Print Preview button over here.…That'll return us back to our last view.…
Okay, once again I'll go over here and choose Print Preview.…Now, most of the Print Preview buttons will be…pretty obvious what they do.…Over here on the left we can change page sizes here,…so we can target maybe a different size paper.…Instead of Letter, we can switch it up to Tabloid or Legal.…Here we can adjust the Margins for our report.…Right now, mine are set to Narrow.…Here we have the option of Printing Data Only,…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.