- Occasionally, you may need to provide a written set…of specifications on how your database was created,…and all of the details about what makes it tick.…A tool called the Database Documenter…makes that task as easy as pressing the print button.…You'll find it in the Database Tools section of the ribbon,…and it's this button here called Database Documenter.…When I click on it, the Documenter window opens,…and it shows me all the different objects…that are inside my database organized into different tabs.…So I have a tab for Tables, Queries, Forms, and so on.…Within each of these tabs I have the…different objects in my database,…so feel free to select as many…or as few of these as you'd like.…
I'm going to put a check into the Guests table here,…and then switch over to the Queries here,…and put a check mark into the DailyCheckIns query there.…Once we've selected the objects…we want to get to the documentation on,…we'll go ahead and press the OK button here,…and the report will run.…When it finishes, then it'll put us into Print Preview mode,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.