Learn how to save and export a database from Access 2013.
- [Voiceover] If you've created your Database in Access 2013…there may be times where you need to save it…to a different file format or version.…For instance, you may have someone who's using Access 2007…or even Access 2003…and you want to make sure that they're able to access…all the information in you Database.…In this video we'll learn how we can maintain…that backward compatibility.…In other words,…we can take a Database created in Access 2013…and save it so that someone…with an earlier version of Access can be able to view…the tables, and all of the forms, and reports.…
I'll also show you how to save a Database as a Template.…And lastly, we'll look at how you can export the data…in your Database in an alternate format.…All three of these items will probably be on your MOS exam…so we'll just focus on these three.…I have the 02_06 Exercise File open,…let's first look at how we can save this file…to an earlier version of Access.…I'll click on my File tab, go down to Save As,…make sure Save Database As is selected,…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.