Access databases store and summarize data in objects, such as forms and reports. In this video, learn how to print the active database object.
- [Instructor] You can view the objects…in an accessed database quickly,…but you can't distribute that data or summaries easily.…If you do want to share summaries of your data,…you can do so by printing a form…or report on paper, or as a PDF file.…If you want to enable your users…to do that through VBA code,…you can use the do command dot PrintOut method.…I'll demonstrate how to do that in this movie,…and you can see that I've opened…the Categories form to work with.…I'll press Alt + F11 to move to the Visual Basic editor,…and then to insert a code module,…I'll go to the Insert menu and click Module,…and a new code module appears.…
I'll do this work within a subroutine,…so I'll just call it Sub PrintObject,…and open and close, left and right parentheses,…because I'm not passing along any arguments.…And I'll press enter a couple of times…to give myself some white space.…And now I can type the command that I want to use in VBA,…and that is DoCmd.PrintOut.…This line of VPA code is all that I need…to print the active object, which remember…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.