- Now that our database is filling up with objects,…you might want to consider reorganizing…your navigation pane so that your objects are grouped…by Task rather than by Type.…We can create custom groups so that all of the objects…that go together will appear next to each other…regardless of whether they're forms, queries,…tables, reports, or macros.…We'll start by going up here in the navigation pane…and changing our view mode…using the drop down list here to…Tables and Related Views.…That'll start grouping our items together based…off of the table relationships.…So we can see right here we have the Guest Table,…and then a bunch of queries that are related…to the Guest Table.…
Then we have some forms and reports that are also…related to the Guest Table.…If I go ahead and scroll down,…we'll see we have the Employees Tables…and then the Forms and Queries that are related…to that table and so on.…Another option here is to create some custom groups.…So instead, I'm going to come up here…to this drop down…and instead of the Tables and Related Views,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.