Queries let you specify which data you want to see. In this video, learn how to open a query.
- [Narrator] Good database design means that each table…you create contains unique items.…Those could be categories, products, customers, and so on.…You can combine data from multiple tables using queries.…In this movie I will show you how to display…the contents of a query using VBA.…In the sample databases form section…I have the display orders query form,…and on it you see I have a label…and then also a command button with orders text on it.…
My goal is to assign a macro to the orders button…that will open the orders query.…To assign a macro or VBA code to the command button…I need to switch to design view.…So, I'll go to the home tab,…click the view button's down arrow,…and click design view.…Then, I will right click the orders command button,…and click the top item in the shortcut menu…which is build event.…In the choose builder dialogue box I'll click code builder,…and click OK.…
In the visual basic editor you'll see…that I have a code module,…and it has Private Sub Command2_Click…as the sub routine name.…Command2 is the internal name for the command button,…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.