Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- We've come to the end of this course but,…the exploration of Access's capabilities…doesn't stop here.…At the beginning of this course,…I mentioned that the templates that come with Access…are a great resource for further exploration.…I'm going to reiterate that point again…and encourage you to download a couple of them…and really dig in to see how they function.…Take some time and review their table structure…and relationships, then run a few queries…and see what the results are…and switch into design view to see how it was constructed.…Deconstruct the forms and reports in layout view…and don't forget to peruse the property sheets…for all the details on each object.…
You'll be surprised at how much you can pick up…by seeing other databases at work.…If you want to dig even deeper,…lynda.com offers courses on Visual Basic…and structured query language,…in addition to several in-depth courses on Access,…such as my Access: Queries in Depth…and Access: Forms and Reports in Depth.…We're always adding new and updated content,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.