Learn how to create relationships between tables in a database. Author Jen McBee will explore the different types of relationships that can be created, focusing on the specific types that may be covered on the Access 2013 MOS Exam.
- [Voiceover] As your database continues to grow,…you may have thousands of records in each of your tables.…Being able to easily navigate to a specific record…will be a big time saver.…In this video, we're going to learn…how we can find specific records very quickly.…We'll also see how we can set up a form…to open when the Access program starts.…We'll also look at different navigation options…you have available to you in working with…your navigation pane.…
Notice the two MOS icons next to…find specific records and set a form to open on startup.…That's an indicator that those two processes…will probably be on your Access 2013 MOS exam.…We'll focus mainly on those two processes.…I have the 02_04 exercise open,…so let's take a look at one of our larger tables.…The order entries table has over 200 records in it.…I'll go ahead and double click in the navigation pane…to open it up.…
If I look down at the bottom of the window,…I see our navigation options that are available to us.…We can go from record to record using the…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.