Working with database recordsets means you must move within the data to process it effectively. In this video, learn how to move within a recordset.
- [Narrator] Tables usually contain lots of data.…If you want to let your users move within an access table,…or do so within a subroutine,…you can do that, using code that implements…the move family of methods.…I'll demonstrate how to use the move family,…that's just the unofficial name I call it,…of methods in Access VBA.…I have opened the course database,…and I'll press Alt + F11 to move…to the Visual Basic editor.…
I need a code module,…so I'll open the Insert menu and click Module.…Now I can create a subroutine and work with a table,…in this case I'll do the customer's table.…So I'll type Sub, and I'll just call it MoveAround,…I won't pass any arguments…so I'll type in open and close parentheses.…Then Enter a couple of times to get the End Sub line…and some white space.…The first thing I need to do is…to create a record set variable…that will hold the table that I open.…
So it will be Dim myR,…and myR is just what I'm calling this variable,…there's nothing special about it,…As Recordset.…Now I need to assign a Recordset to this object variable.…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.