- The Format tab on the ribbon gives you a quick place…to change some of the most common settings…for your form elements, such as color, font and size.…But those options are only the tip of the iceberg…when it comes to the vast number of properties…that each element possesses.…To see the full list, we'll have to dig into something…called the Property Sheet.…Now this form that we've been working on,…the employee directory,…is currently a live-linked form…to our employees data table.…We can make changes here in the form…that'll update the data table.…So for instance, I'm currently viewing…Zachary Tate's employee record.…
If I wanted to here in the form, I can rename him.…I can rename him Zack, for instance.…And if I click off of this and switch over…to another employee and come back,…that record has now been updated…in the employees table.…If I open up the employees table,…I can see, indeed, that change was made here.…Let's go ahead and rename him back.…I'll go ahead and select a different record…and come back to the employees directory…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.