As table data changes, you may need to revise your queries. In this video, learn how to manage queries by adding, hiding and removing fields, sorting data, filtering data, and formatting fields.
- [Instructor] It seems we are constantly updating … and changing information in our databases … and we may also want to update our queries … to meet our current needs. … After watching this video you'll know how to rename a query, … how to add, hide, and remove fields, … how to sort data within queries, … and how to filter the data within queries … using comparison operators, … such as greater than, less than, and equal to. … Let's jump right into our modify queries database. … We do have a single query in this database. … Let's go ahead and run the query … and I can do that quickly just by double-clicking … on the name in the navigation pane. … This query has all the information on our employees, … the building they work in, the department they're in, … their ID number, et cetera. … Let's Close the query and we'll go ahead and name this query … by right-clicking and going to Rename. … This is Employee Information. … Be sure when you name your queries … that you put enough information into the title, …
- Modifying the database structure
- Managing table relationships and keys
- Exporting data
- Managing records and fields
- Creating and running queries
- Configuring form controls
- Modifying form positioning
- Grouping report fields
- Formatting reports
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Managing Databases
3. Create and Modify Tables
4. Create and Modify Queries
5. Modify Forms in Layout View
6. Modify Reports in Layout View
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.