Learn how to Rename queries, add new fields, remove fields, hide fields, sort data within queries, format fields within queries. Author Jen McBee will take you through the process of creating and running queries, and will explore how then modify the forma
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Knowing how to create and run queries…is probably the most important function in Access.…We know how to set up our tables.…We know how to enter the data.…We then need to query the information so we can filter data…and run certain calculations and then create our reports.…On the Access 2013 MOS exam, you'll be asked…to create a query and then add or remove fields…from that query.…You may also be asked to show or hide fields,…sort the data in the query, and format fields.…
In this video, we will cover all four of these items.…You may have noticed that the MOS icon…is next to each one of the items on the screen.…That means all four will probably be…on the Access 2013 MOS exam.…Let's go ahead and get started.…I have the 0404 exercise file open.…We're going to focus on the orders query.…I'm going to go ahead and double-click on it to open it up.…Has the customer ID, order date,…ship date, total, and the product category.…
Let's go into design view and see…what the structure of this query is.…Looking at the table up above, it looks like…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.