Form controls help keep text visible in labels and text boxes. In this video, learn how to apply margin controls and padding, and how to anchor an object to a specific location on a form.
- [Instructor] When working with a form, … to move each control one by one can be very tedious, … but we want to make sure that there's enough white space … between each of our fields so that the form is easy to read. … After watching this video, … you'll know how to control the margins … inside of your text boxes and your labels. … You'll also know how to control the padding … around each of your labels and text boxes … and how to anchor controls. … Let's jump into our modify form position database … and take a look at our Sales 2018-2019 form. … As we scroll down through the form, … we can see that some of our labels and text boxes … are a little bit truncated … and all of our fields, all of our text boxes and labels … are right on top of each other. … Well, we can change that just by changing the padding … around each of the labels and text boxes. … Let's go into design view. … We'll select the OrderID text box and the label. … On the form design tools, … go to Arrange and let's look at our padding. …
- Modifying the database structure
- Managing table relationships and keys
- Exporting data
- Managing records and fields
- Creating and running queries
- Configuring form controls
- Modifying form positioning
- Grouping report fields
- Formatting reports
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Managing Databases
3. Create and Modify Tables
4. Create and Modify Queries
5. Modify Forms in Layout View
6. Modify Reports in Layout View
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.