In this video, learn how to modify a database structure. Jen McBee demonstrates how to import objects or data from other sources, how to delete database objects, and how to hide and display objects in the Navigation pane, all skills you may need to demonstrate on the Access Expert exam.
- [Instructor] Importing data from other databases … or files is an easy way to duplicate information. … After watching this video, … you'll know how to import objects or data, … delete database objects … and hide or display objects in the navigation pane. … Let's jump right in. … I have the 02_01 Structure: Database open. … We have two tables, Benefits and EE Information. … We have a form and a couple of reports. … Let's go ahead and import information … from a text file. … When we do that, it will create a brand new table … in our database. … External Data, New Data Source … and these are the different types of files … that we can bring in. … Excel, HTML, XML and Text Files … and the text files are comma-separated files, CSV … or tab delimited. … You'll see that we can also bring information in … from another database. … Okay, let's go back to From File, Text File. … We're going to browse back to our Chapter 2 folder … on the Desktop. … Let's bring in our Q1_Sales … and if I increase the width of this column, …
- Modifying the database structure
- Managing table relationships and keys
- Exporting data
- Managing records and fields
- Creating and running queries
- Configuring form controls
- Modifying form positioning
- Grouping report fields
- Formatting reports
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Managing Databases
3. Create and Modify Tables
4. Create and Modify Queries
5. Modify Forms in Layout View
6. Modify Reports in Layout View
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.