Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Migrate Access Web App data to SharePoint Online, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- [Instructor] If you have existing Access web apps…that you need to migrate from Access to PowerApps,…then you'll want to be able to export…the Access web app tables,…so that they become SharePoint lists,…because PowerApps work with SharePoint lists,…PowerApps don't work directly with Access tables.…I'm going to walk you through the process,…and again, this is a process for folks…who are using SharePoint online.…Here's the app that we created previously.…I'm going to open the app here in my browser.…
And when the app opens,…I'm going to click on the settings gear.…And we'll find a choice to export to SharePoint lists.…And we will need to confirm this.…It says that we will be creating a subsite…with a SharePoint list for each table in our app,…do we want to continue?…Now, you need to have permission to create a subsite.…If you don't, you won't be able to proceed past this step.…
You'll need to talk with your SharePoint admin…and make sure that you have the ability to create a subsite.…And that's not something that they can do for you,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.