Form filters limit the data that is displayed by your forms. In this video, learn how to manipulate form filters.
- [Instructor] When you create VBA code for a form or report…you can use the me object as a shortcut…to refer to that object.…If you're working with a form, for example,…you can use the me keyword properties to allow,…or disallow, filters.…I'll demonstrate how to enable,…and disable, filters in this movie.…I've already opened the course database,…and I'm displaying the customer's form in form view.…You might see a different list of forms…based on what you've done,…but just open the customer's form and you can follow along.…
You can filter based on the active field…in form view.…So let's say, for example, that I wanted to filter by state.…So I go down and click in the state field,…apparently it's North Dakota for the first customer,…and I see also at the bottom that I have 100 records.…I'm currently on one of 100.…On the home tab of the ribbon…I can click the filter button,…and then I can select one or more states.…I'm going to go ahead and clear select all,…check California, and click ok,…and I see that there are 16 records,…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.