Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing views, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- We can show the Navigation Pane…if we wish to be able to manage our views…because they're all visible there, as you'll recall.…So I turn on the Navigation Pane…and here we have our views.…It's in the section that's called Forms.…That's the Access desktop language,…and from time to time in this course…I might have said form instead of view.…It's an old habit.…So this particular view is called Datasheet.…And if I wanted to change that, I can.…I can right-click and choose Rename,…and this is actually the project's datasheet.…
That works.…And if I go back to my Projects Table in my app,…notice that it does not do anything…to the label here.…If I want to delete a view, it works…in exactly the same way.…If I select the view and delete it,…it will be gone.…So if I select Projects List, right-click…and choose Delete, it's gone away.…And that was the one that was created for me,…not the one that I'm actually using,…which is called Projects_List.…What happens if I delete a view that I need?…Well, the button won't have anywhere to go,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.