You can manage your tables by showing and hiding fields, adding column totals, and adding table descriptions. In this video, learn how to hide and unhide fields, add total rows that show the sum and average of the field's data, and how to add a description to the properties of a table.
- [Instructor] Once you have created your new tables, … you're going to need … to manage the information in your tables. … After watching this video, … you will know how to hide fields in a table, … how to add total rows, … and how to add table descriptions. … Let's jump right in to our Manage Tables: Database … and I have the Employee Data table already open. … First, let's go ahead and hide a field. … It's as easy as selecting the field, … right clicking and choosing Hide. … Notice that just below is Unhide Fields, … so if you hide a field and you want it back, … we just come here and do the same thing. … So the data is still there. … Let's go into Design View … so we can make sure that that information … is still there and here's the Last Name field. … Notice that Full Name is also hidden … from the table. … It's showing up here … but when we go back into Datasheet View, it's not showing. … Now, if you want to total the information … in a column such as our Benefit Cost column, … you can add a total row. …
- Modifying the database structure
- Managing table relationships and keys
- Exporting data
- Managing records and fields
- Creating and running queries
- Configuring form controls
- Modifying form positioning
- Grouping report fields
- Formatting reports
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Managing Databases
3. Create and Modify Tables
4. Create and Modify Queries
5. Modify Forms in Layout View
6. Modify Reports in Layout View
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.