You may need to quickly find data in your table and replace it with an update. In this video, learn how to find and replace data, sort records, and filter records.
- [Instructor] Now that we know how to manage our tables, … let's look at some ways … that we can easily manage the records in our table. … After viewing this video, … you'll know how to find and replace data in a table, … how to sort records, … and how to filter records. … Let's jump into our Manage Records: Database … and work with our Employee Data table. … This information shows us employees, … the department they work in, … what they currently have for benefits … and what that benefit cost is. … For our next fiscal year, … the benefit cost is increasing to $250 … for the dental medical. … So what I'm going to do … is ask Access to go through the Benefit Costs field, … find every instance of $220 … and replace it with $250. … Now, there's two ways to get into Find & Replace. … We can use the keyboard shortcut, Control + F for Find … or on our Table Tools Field Ribbon, … I can click on Find. … In the Find What field, I'll type in $220. … Click on the Replace tab and type in 250. … And these are my search options. …
- Modifying the database structure
- Managing table relationships and keys
- Exporting data
- Managing records and fields
- Creating and running queries
- Configuring form controls
- Modifying form positioning
- Grouping report fields
- Formatting reports
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Managing Databases
3. Create and Modify Tables
4. Create and Modify Queries
5. Modify Forms in Layout View
6. Modify Reports in Layout View
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.