Learn how to update records, add and delete new records, append records from external data and use find and replace. Author Jen McBee will also show you how to sort and filter records, all of which you might encounter on the Access 2013 Microsoft Office S
- [Voiceover] Managing the records in your database…is crucial to ensuring that your data is accurate.…In this course, we'll explore how to add a new record…to a table, we'll also look at how to update…current records, delete records, use Find and Replace,…and I'll show you how great the Sort and Filter is…in Microsoft Access.…On the Access 2013 MOS Exam you may be asked to…do any three of these items that have the MOS…icon next to them.…You may be asked to go into a table and update records.…
Or going to a table and delete a record.…You probably will be asked to find and replace…information within a table.…So let's go ahead and get started…so that we can explore all four of these items.…I have the 03_03 exercise file open…and the first thing that I'd like to do…is go into the Employees table.…I'll double click on it to open it up.…We happen to have a new employee…that we need to add to the employees table.…So what I'll do is go down to the bottom…and click the sunburst to begin a new record.…
Her EmployeeID is 1008.…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.